AW: Disconnect of users after close

Freudenberg, Alexander Alexander.Freudenberg "at" PC-WARE.DE
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 16:45:40 +0000

> Upgrade to 3.3.3R7.  Numerous bugs have been fixed between these two
> versions.

OK. We'll try. But we don't have the problem on all servers, only on two.

>> After disconnecting a VNC session using Ctrl-Alt-Del, lock computer
>> and then closing the VNC window (Alt-F4) on the connecting machine every
>> connected client on the server is disconnected (yes: the Windows NT
server
>> service connection!) from it and the normal logon screen appears on the
>> server.

> I don't understand!  Pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del won't disconnect VNC sessions,
> normally.  Some questions...

That's right. The Ctrl-Alt-Del (via VNC-menu) is for displaying the NT
security screen. Here I lock the computer (instead of logging off the
administrator)

> When are the clients disconnected?

The clients are disconnected (they lose all drive mappings to the server
with all consequences like possible data loss when documents were open and
so on) as soon as I close the VNC console.

> What is "the Windows NT server service connection"?

I wanted to express, that the clients are no shared VNC clients, but normal
NT users, which use normal file server services of Windows NT.

> If you only locked the machine, why is it displaying the logon screen
rather
> than the Locked Workstation screen?

The server seems to disconnect the administrator, which locked the server
via his VNC session, as well. So as a result it displays the logon screen.

Greetings,

Alexander Freudenberg