AuthHosts

Rasmus Emil Møller AER "at" topdanmark.dk
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 11:16:58 +0000

"Ross Sherwin C. de Claro" <sherwin "at" newpagcor.com> wrote:

>How do I setup that all Server accept only to a certain host.
>
>         example: server "192.168.1.2" only accept remote connection
>from client "192.168.1.56" and "192.168.1.89" and all other host rejected.

The only way I found to do this on Windows NT was to use the GNU GPL
freware
TCP port redirector RINETD (www.boutell.com/rinetd) .
Extract RINETD.EXE, create a file like WINVNC.CFG containing the lines:

allow 192.168.1.56
allow 192.168.1.89

192.168.1.2 5800 127.0.0.1 5800
192.168.1.2 5900 127.0.0.1 5900

and run RINETD.EXE -c WINVNC.CFG

See the RINETD doc. for logging, pattern etc.
SRVANY.EXE from NT resource kit can be used to make it run as a service.

Feel free to contact me for questions.

Rasmus Mxller
aer "at" topdanmark.dk