Win2k crashes possibly because of VNC client

Jeffrey C. Fried jeff "at" fried.net
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 07:35:43 +0000

Win2K crashes on my workstation only when running VNC client connected to a VNC X-server under Solaris 2.6.  I'm using the latest copies of the server and client.  Win2K Blue screen reports:

STOP. 0x00000076 (0x00000000, 0x8490CD60, 0x00000001, 0x000000)
PROCESS_HAS_LOCKED_PAGES

I tried debugging it with boundschecker, but the failure doesn't occur
frequently enough, or, running with boundschecker stops the problem.

One way to increase the probability of the failure is to run VNC as
client in full screen mode with no other apps, then, use the ALT-TAB key
to switch apps.  This doesn't always cause a failure but it happens more
frequently this way.

My workstation is a new Dell 850 with 1/2gb of memory.  This problem also
happens at work with my Dell 600 and 384mb of memory.  Both have tons of disk space and neither is running anything real-time except for the
network card.

... jeff