vnc server on solaris

psdayton psdayton "at" grc.nasa.gov
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 10:52:55 +0000

Hello,

I'm new to the vnc app so bear with me.  I am able to get vnc viewer to go
from my CE device to my NT workstation,
vncviewer to go from NT to NT and the vnc viewer to go from my solaris
workstation to an NT machine. I'm unable to
get the viewer to go from CE/Nt to soalris.  I keep getting an error
message; failed to connect to server.
I can ping the machine, telnet to it so I know that it is not a network
problem.

What exactly do I need to do on the solaris side to get things working?  All
I did was to get the binary off the website.
Does the vncserver need to be run by root or any user?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Brian