Changing WinVNC ports...

Steve O'Brien SteveO "at" xSides.com
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 22:46:24 +0000

I'm trying to change the port on VNC so that I can reach it on 'standard'
ports.  I changed the regsitry key per the instructions, and am able to
reach the java client on port 80. However, after entering the password I get
a "java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused" error.  Now I read
somewhere that the VNC server runs on a second port that also needs to be
reassigned, however I have yet to find instructions for changing it.  I'd
like to change it to port 25 so I can past my firewall without having to
reconfigure the firewall. Can anyone fill me in on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Steve O'Brien, MCSE
Systems Administrator
xSides Corporation