VNC and Windows 95

DBielaski@co.livingston.ny.us DBielaski "at" co.livingston.ny.us
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 21:22:53 +0000

I found the source of my Windows 95 connectivity problem, and thought
I would post it in case anyone else stumbles across it, and can't resolve
it by what was suggested in the forum thus far.  For some reason, the
VNC installations on the Win95 machines did *not* make the "Default"
and "User" settings to be the same.  Once I discovered this, and manually
changed the "Default" setting to accept socket connections, I was
able to successfully connect to the Win95 machine as soon as it
booted to the Microsoft Networking signon screen.

Dan Bielaski