Not Listening

Andrew Lyon Administrator "at" josims.com
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 15:53:27 +0000

Double click on the icon, select accept incoming connections, give it the
same display number as your other machines.

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: BEN WAGGONER [mailto:bwaggoner "at" autoprodinc.com]
Sent: 10 August 2000 15:51
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Not Listening

Didn't see this addressed in the FAQ:
I am running VNC 3.3.3 R2 across a 10/100 network w/ WinNT servers & Win9x
clients.  All work beautifully, except for one Win98 client that will not
answer.  I get "Failed to connect to server" when trying to access it.
Checking the Win98 client, I see that VNC is installed as a service, has a
password set, and the icon shows up in the system tray, but the tooltip that
displays when I place the cursor over the VNC icon includes the phrase "not
listening."  I do not recall doing anything differently when I installed VNC
on this particular client from when I installed all the others that are
working just fine.  Is there a particular setting I have overlooked?  It
seems this installation of VNC is behaving in a rather feminine manner - how
do I get it to listen to me?  Send it eFlowers?

Ben Waggoner
IS Manager
Autoprod, Inc.
Clearwater, FL
727-572-7753
727-571-1197 FAX
bwaggoner "at" autoprodinc.com
www.autoprodinc.com

Registered Office:
J.O. Sims Ltd
Pudding Lane
Pinchbeck
Spalding
Lincs
PE11 3TJ
Company reg No: 2084187 Vat reg No: GB 437 4621 47
Tel: +44 (0) 1775 842100
Fax: +44 (0) 1775 842101
Web: www.josims.com
Email: enquiries "at" josims.com

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential
and is intended for the addressee only. The contents of
this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the
sender's consent. If you are not the intended recipient of
the message, please notify the sender immediately, and
delete the message.

The statements and opinions expressed in this message are
those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those
of the company. No commitment may be inferred from the
contents unless explicitly stated.  The company does not
take any responsibility for the personal views of the
author.

This message has been scanned for viruses before sending,
but the company does not accept any responsibility for
infection and recommends that you scan any attachments.