DPMS Support

James Gray james_gray "at" modusmedia.com
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 02:58:25 +0000

DPMS is the power saving system for your PC (in layman's terms).  What KDE
is trying to tell you is that VNC can't do power saving "stuff" like screen
blanking etc.  Just ignore it - I get the same message, it's informative, no
really an error.

Cheers,

James

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Chris Barker
Sent: Thursday, 10 August 2000 12:13 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: DPMS Support

Guys,

    My Redhat Linux box (6.2) just went down yesterday, and we reloaded
Linux from the CD.  I get VNC up and running again, but whenever I make a
connection, a little pop-up box comes up and says: "Sorry, your X11 server
lacks DPMS Support"

Then after you click okay, KDE comes up fine.  Anyone have any ideas why
this is happening?

Chris