wasnt sure if this made it out so sorry if this is a repeat.

Michael Kruger mkruger "at" uswest.net
Wed, 09 Aug 2000 08:50:18 +0000

Sorry if this is a repeat....not sure if this made it to the list...

I am running vnc server on a win9x client and only desire to connect to it
intermittently.
I dont really mind if vnc autoloads as a service, however I would prefer if
it didn't autodial out to the ISP everytime the computer boots up.
I suspect it is trying to determine its IP address or something.
I may try installing a loopback adapter with a phoney IP address to prevent
this.
Unfortunately, I do not have access to the machine at this time. Anyone
think this will work?

thanks,

Michael Kruger
NT4 Server Tech Support