RE(2): Deployment

Andy Mason amason "at" mail.cebra.com
Tue, 08 Aug 2000 23:27:34 +0000

Another way to skin the cat:

reg.exe from the RK should be able to do what you need.

It does things like "reg add SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3\Default\KeyName=Value
REG_DWORD \\Machinename"

It should work if you're a domain admin unless you've really locked down the
registry.

You could use it in the same type of for command in my last message:

for /f %m in (machinenames.txt) do reg add blahblahblah \\%m

I guess you'd need more than one entry, so you'd want to run it in a batch
file, in which case you need two %'s:

for /f %%m in (machinenames.txt) do reg add blahblahblah1 \\%%m
for /f %%m in (machinenames.txt) do reg add blahblahblah2 \\%%m

I forgot to mention in the last message that the %m was picked almost
entirely at random.

Andy.