RE(2): Deployment

Andrew Lyon Administrator "at" josims.com
Tue, 08 Aug 2000 15:29:31 +0000

Check out sc.exe from nt resource kit.

with this tool you can issue commands like:

sc \\nfutest install winvnc c:\vnc\winvnc.exe
sc \\nfutest start winvnc

Obviously you need the registry entrys for password etc but these can be
added using regedt32 remotely.

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Cowley [mailto:Ian.Cowley "at" nfu.org.uk]
Sent: 08 August 2000 15:19
To: 'vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com'
Subject: RE: RE(2): Deployment

Hmm.  Since this method of installation only requires the files to be copied
to a directory on the machine and for registry settings to be
installed....does anyone know of any software that can remotly add things to
registries?
For instance, I'm sat here in our admin office, and out on the network is a
machine named NFUTEST.  Assuming NFUTEST is switched on (logged on, even,
but not as administartor), and I'm logged on to the domain as administartor,
is there any program that can add things to the registry of NFUTEST from
where I'm sitting?

This is not technically VNC related, but if it exists, itd help with
installing VNC remotely.

Ian Cowley
NFU Computer Services Dept.

THIS EMAIL MESSAGE AND INFORMATION IT CONTAINS MAY BE PRIVILEGED AND/OR
CONFIDENTIAL, AND IS FOR THE USE OF THE ADDRESSEE ONLY.

UNAUTHORISED USE, DISCLOSURE OR PRINTING OF THE CONTENTS IS PROHIBITED.
IF YOU ARE IN POSSESSION OF THIS EMAIL AND ARE NOT THE ADDRESSEE PLEASE
NOTIFY THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY.

ALTHOUGH EVERY EFFORT HAS BEEN MADE TO ENSURE ACCURACY NEITHER THE NFU
NOR THE AUTHOR CAN ACCEPT LIABILITY FOR ERRORS AND OMISSIONS. (c) NFU

Registered Office:
J.O. Sims Ltd
Pudding Lane
Pinchbeck
Spalding
Lincs
PE11 3TJ
Company reg No: 2084187 Vat reg No: GB 437 4621 47
Tel: +44 (0) 1775 842100
Fax: +44 (0) 1775 842101
Web: www.josims.com
Email: enquiries "at" josims.com

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential
and is intended for the addressee only. The contents of
this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the
sender's consent. If you are not the intended recipient of
the message, please notify the sender immediately, and
delete the message.

The statements and opinions expressed in this message are
those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those
of the company. No commitment may be inferred from the
contents unless explicitly stated.  The company does not
take any responsibility for the personal views of the
author.

This message has been scanned for viruses before sending,
but the company does not accept any responsibility for
infection and recommends that you scan any attachments.