Stefan Nehlsen sn "at"
Tue, 08 Aug 2000 13:10:27 +0000

On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 11:01:27AM +0200, natalia_llima "at" wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm planning to deploy VNC over 1200 NT machines and we are not able to
> visit each machine. Has any body know/tried to deploy VNC remotely? Which
> are the steps I have to follow.

I included this into an installation server.

It can be done non interactive via a batch file (running as administrator).

1. use sysdiff.exe to install the software (copy files and apply changes to

     sysdiff /apply c:\temp\vnc.dif

2. use regedit.exe to set a password for vncserver

     regedit /s c:\temp\vncpw.reg

   c:\temp\vncpw.reg contains a dump of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ORL\WinVNC3

3. delete c:\temp\vncpw.reg

4. run

   C:\Programme\ORL\VNC\winvnc -install

5. wait until the dialog box goes away

6. run

     net start winvnc

cu, Stefan
Stefan Nehlsen | ParlaNet Administration | sn "at" | +49 431 988-1260
to majordomo "at"
See also: