VNC and Windows 95

Cybertime Tech Support tech "at" cybertime.net
Mon, 07 Aug 2000 17:16:55 +0000

I have used the basic method you gave for installing VNC.  The only
difference is that I have two pre-made registry files for locking and
securing VNC.  I use the secure one on all the workstations and servers I
put it on, and the lock on just the workstations.

I just installed 3.3.3r7 on another machine to test this, then rebooted the
machine.  It came up to the network login prompt, and I left it there.  Then
I went to another machine and logged in.  VNC worked fine.  I also did a Log
Off [Username] just to see what happened.  Oddly enough, VNC stayed logged
on.  I thought it would get kicked out.  Obviously, a machine restart does
kick me out.

> Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 11:43:04 -0400
> From: "Herbst, Allen" <HerbstA "at" GourmetAward.com>
> Subject: RE: VNC and Windows 95
>
> I'm not sure of this is any help, but I run WinVNC 3.3.3r1 and 3.3.3r7 on
> all sorts of Windows 95 machines, and I've never had the problem you are
> describing.  I am able to log in to my Win95 machines almost as soon as
they
> boot into Windows.

...much deleted...