Authenication

Kenneth Foster fosterk "at" aenigma.net
Mon, 07 Aug 2000 13:24:22 +0000

Neil, and others,

I have found someone that is interested in potentially writing the User
Authentication for VNC.  I have an RFP at
http://www.cosource.com/cgi-bin/cos.pl/wish/info/346 that details one way
this could be done.  The way I have described isn't the only way and we
could come up with a detailed method later after we have committed some
money to the project.  And that brings up the main point.  Money.  The
individuals that are interested have suggested to me that it would take
around $8000 to $10000 worth of development time.  So far I have a
commitment of $3200 ($2000 of which I put in) so am about 1/3 done.  If
anyone else is interested in throwing into the pot then please check this
out.

Over the last few days I have seen a couple of emails like this so I think
that interest in User Authentication is there.  I think that a few of us
will just have to bite the bullet and put a little money into the pot to get
it developed.  From what I here from talking to the developers it will be
quite a large task to add this and still maintain compatibility.

Enough rambling now, just please look at the RFP if you want user
authentication and maybe between all of us we can make it happen.

Ken Foster