WinVNC and Java

Herbert Morales Herbert.Morales "at" desy.de
Thu, 03 Aug 2000 13:27:20 +0000

Ingecom - SERRE Jean-Christophe wrote:

> Herbert Morales <Herbert.Morales "at" desy.de> wrote:
> >
> > I am using WinVNC on WinNT machines with the java applet
> > (http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5800/). So I want to permit to stay the java
> > viewer only a limited time, lets say 10 minutes on the machine and
> > then to change to another html document. You know some solutions?
>
> Possible if you set up your own webserver on the comp (on any available
> port, not necessarily 80 or 5800) and fill its wwwroot dir with the HTML
> connect page and VNC java classes provided with the VNC sources.
>
> At that point you'll emulate what is delivered by WinVNC on port 5800
> (but is harcoded and can't be changed) and you'll be able to customize
> the index.html page for the Java connection, so as to add a META-refresh
> tag in it, that will automatically reload a new URL after your specified
> amount of time...
>
> --
> JCS - Jean-Christophe SERRE - INGECOM France - +33 (0)1.48.34.12.34
>
> Microsoft: the 51st State of America -- 52nd coming soon!
> to majordomo "at" uk.research.att.com

Jean: I tried, but dont succes. So I did a trick: In a Visual Basic programm
I have a timer of 10 minutes interval and it executes the folowing cmd-file:

@echo off
cd \Program Files\ORL\Vnc
winvnc.exe -kill
net start winvnc > nul

Ok, the connection is interruped by a short time and the user have to reload
the brower again. Curiosly: The sys tray icon disappar, but VNC works fine
again.

Herbert