Development (was Re: LOGGING!!)

Tim Waugh twaugh "at" redhat.com
Thu, 03 Aug 2000 11:04:56 +0000

On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 10:26:55AM +0100, Illtud Daniel wrote:

> > I think we need to consider the reasons why we'd want something like
this,
> > and then try to implement it as a separate protocol.
>
> OK, I'll mail you and fill you in on why it'd be useful for me,
> and why there could possibly be funding for it.

Something I'd like to do for rfbproxy is to be able to splice pop-up
narrative boxes into a FBS stream.

So, for recorded VNC demos, you could have a box pop-up saying what's
going on (and a short delay), then write over it with what was there
before, and carry on as normal.

(This is as an alternative to tricky-to-implement, bandwidth-hungry
audio streaming.)

Tim.
*/

[demime 0.97b removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature]