VNC and Windows 95

HELP! Small Business Solutions helpsbs "at" helpsbs.com
Thu, 03 Aug 2000 06:10:42 +0000

At 01:35 PM 8/2/00 +0100, you wrote:
>>So what is the fix? As far as I can tell, you would have to load a
>>real-mode stack and any other required components in AUTOEXEC.BAT so that
>>they start on initial bootup. Then I'm guessing VNC should be able to see
>>the login screen.
>
>I wasn't aware that it wasn't seeing it (Windoze is definitely not my
>primary OS, and this is the first mention of the problem I remember
>seeing).  I'll try it on my own installation - Win95 OSR2, under the
>Virtual PC emulator.
>from:     Jonathan "Chromatix" Morton

I saw the problem mentioned in a few messages earlier this week. Someone
described not being able to connect/see the other computer until the first
login is made. One other mentioned that he could see it on reboot but not
on initial login also. I'm assuming (you know where that gets you) they
were trying to login using VNC to get that computer up and running. That's
why I did a little quick research. If I'm wrong, I apologize and please
correct me.

If I'm close, maybe it will explain it to those that are having the
problem. Then they would have to figure out how to get past the initial
login without having to go all the to the remote computer.

Regards and thanks for the reply,

Ed Schaperjahn