Excel dies on NT machine running VNC -- Help???

James ''Wez'' Weatherall jnw22 "at" cam.ac.uk
Wed, 02 Aug 2000 21:30:08 +0000

> Thanks for the suggestions. I disabled all of the registry entries for
> Excel, to no avail. And to answer your first question, Excel crashes just
> because the VNC server is running. Nobody is logged-in at the time.
> Unfortunately this means we're going to have to move from the virtual to
> the physical. Oh well.

If just having the WinVNC server running causes Excel to crash, then your
system is very broken indeed!  Unless there is a remote user, WinVNC doesn't
hook in to the system and so can't cause apps to crash via hooking
incompatibilities.

Cheers,

James "Wez" Weatherall
--
          "Xenophobes should go back to Xenophobia"