Development (was Re: LOGGING!!)

Illtud Daniel illtud.daniel "at" llgc.org.uk
Wed, 02 Aug 2000 19:32:47 +0000

Wesley Hayes wrote:

> Is there any way to get VNC to keep a log of what users where attached to a
> perticular machine?  I noticed VNC doesn't seem to have any type of logging
> capabilities.

I'm interested in adding syslog capability to VNC, but I'm
not sure how to go about it - that is, I can handle the coding
(but somebody would probably have to tidy it up) but I'd rather
have input from other developers (since VNC seems to be forking
rather alarmingly) rather than distribute a patch. Is there
a seperate dev-list? Should there be?

I'm also interested in adding audio capabilities, but I know
that this one is waaay beyond my expertise (I'm a BOFH, not
a hacker!). I *might* have a source of funding for this,
but again, I don't know where to start the discussion.

Jonathan? Any comments?

--
Illtud Daniel                                 illtud.daniel "at" llgc.org.uk
Uwch Ddadansoddwr Systemau                       Senior Systems Analyst