Win16 app doesn't respond to keyboard or mouse via vnc

Robinson, Neil NeilR "at" superbase.co.uk
Tue, 01 Aug 2000 12:41:08 +0000

We have a problem reported by one of our customers that is using vnc for
remote administration. Using our product (Superbase 3.x for Windows) when
they display a user-defined dialog the dialog does not respond to keyboard
input or mouse clicks. Other apps (this is on NT, the app is a Win16 app
running in the ntvdm) respond fine. I have tested this here and have
discovered that the input is being queued but doesn't get sent to the app
(or echoed back of course) until the vnc client is closed. Once it is
closed, the app receives the input/mouse clicks. In the same program under
the same conditions, if a Superbase pre-defined (and obviously differently
managed) dialog is displayed, that responds correctly and works fine.

Does anyone have a clue what might be going on and whether there is some
setting that can be made to convince the vnc software to release the events
to the target?

Ciao, Neil
Technical Director
Superbase Developers plc