Linux-to-Win Remote Control

Luis B. Almeida Luis.Almeida "at"
Sat, 31 Oct 1998 20:44:34 +0000

Robert Vis wrote:
> You wrote:
> >I did not announce my version with compression because I thought yours
> >would be out soon, and mine is very crude (e.g. it always uses
> >compression, and thus is not compatible with the normal, uncompressed
> >version). But since your version will still take a while, I'll see if I
> >can find some time to put my version in a form that can be made public.
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >Luis
> Hello Luis,
> Yes! Please supply a binary version of your zlib-based server and viewer! I
> do know there is a patch available for the source code of VNC, but since I
> cannot compile the thing (no compiler available), I will have to wait for
> someone to build a binary version. Please, please... I use VNC through a
> modem and it is soooo sloooooow sometimes.

I'll make the compressing version public soon. I think that the GNU
license doesn't allow me to publish just the binaries: I also have to
supply the source code. But be warned: this compressing version is more
a hack than a real version. From time to time the viewer crashes with a
runtime error. I haven't figured out why yet, and perhaps never will,
given that ORL is preparing a new version with compression.

Luis B. Almeida
                                  Phone:  +351-1-3100246,+351-1-3544607
INESC                             Fax:    +351-1-3145843
R. Alves Redol, 9                 E-mail: luis.almeida "at"
1000 Lisboa, Portugal
   *** Indonesia is killing innocent people in East Timor ***

The VNC mailing list     -   see