QuickBooks freezes w/ WinVNC

John Wilkes john "at" wilkes.com
Sat, 31 Oct 1998 14:30:05 +0000

On Sat, 31 Oct 1998, James [Wez] Weatherall wrote:

> > > The Windows VNC packages have been updated to revision 5.
> >
> > I just installed the new WinVNC, and now QuickBooks does not freeze!
>
> Excellent!  I do remember there being a freeze-up bug in the hook-handling
> code that could break applications like Word, which got fixed a few
> revisions ago.

I spoke a little too soon.  With the new release of WinVNC, QuickBooks does
not freeze when I mouse-click on its pop-up menus; however, it still
freezes when I click on an icon in the "Preferences" box.  This is a vast
improvement though: I can avoid changing the options when running with
WinVNC, but it is difficult to avoid the pop-up menus.

Regards,
John

Logic Probe Inc.

inet: john "at" Logic-Probe.com            |     "Try not.
addr: 321 High School Rd NE #367      |      Do.
city: Bainbridge Island, Washington   |      Or do not.
code: 98110			      |      There is no try."
icbm: 47 37 42 N / 122 29 36 W	      |           - Yoda