WinNT VNC viewer causes crash in other Windows applciation

Quentin Stafford-Fraser quentin "at" orl.co.uk
Sat, 31 Oct 1998 09:57:23 +0000

Curtis,

I believe vncviewer obeys all the normal rules for getting stuff from the
clipboard. It inserts itself into the 'clipboard viewer' chain and when it
is informed of a change to the clipboard, it asks for an ASCII version of
the contents, if available, so that it can send them to the remote server.
One way this can operate, if I remember correctly, is that Windows may go
back to the original app and ask it for the data.  This could be triggering
a bug in OpenStep; it may not be expecting an app to 'paste' so soon after
it has put something in the clipboard?  Of course, it may be a bug in the
viewer, but I haven't heard of it happening with anything else.

If you download the new 3.3.2R5 windows package, you get the R9 viewer.
This may help, but to be honest, I don't think I changed anything in the
clipboard handling...

Regards,
Quentin