Windows VNC Packages updated

Quentin Stafford-Fraser quentin "at" orl.co.uk
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 17:54:50 +0000

Windows VNC Packages updated
============================

The Windows VNC packages have been updated to revision 5.

The most important features of this release are a variety of fixes for
various bugs and leaks.
In addition, the way the WinVNC server properties are set in the
registry has been completely overhauled, and the new system should
allow much more flexibility for system administrators.

NOTE: We believe this version should be more stable than the previous
one, but since I am going to the States for a couple of weeks, we are
unlikely to make any further changes for a little while, including
changes to the web server.  If you want to be able to return to your
current version, back it up before installing this!

As always with VNC updates, we recommend that you stop any running VNC
software and uninstall it before installing the new version.

VNC is available from the ORL web site at http://www.orl.co.uk/vnc

Quentin