QuickBooks freezes w/ WinVNC

John Wilkes john "at" wilkes.com
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 16:31:56 +0000

On Fri, 30 Oct 1998, James [Wez] Weatherall wrote:

> Is QuickBooks a 16-bit or 32-bit program?  Also, note that the registry
> entry for it won't be created until you close down QuickBooks while a
> remote session is in progress, because of the way the hooks are used to
> save the registry information.

I don't know how to tell, but I'd guess 16-bit because they're touting,
"QuickBooks is now optimized for 32-bit to work within Windows 95, 98, or
NT 4.0 environments."  Sounds like a good reason to upgrade to the
QuickBooks 6.0 release.

My Win95 use is almost exclusively through WinVNC from a Linux vncviewer,
and I have run several Quickbooks sessions start to finish that way; if it
was going to get into the registry, it would have done so by now.

Thanks for the help and advice!

Regards,
John

Logic Probe Inc.

inet: john "at" Logic-Probe.com            |     "Try not.
addr: 321 High School Rd NE #367      |      Do.
city: Bainbridge Island, Washington   |      Or do not.
code: 98110			      |      There is no try."
icbm: 47 37 42 N / 122 29 36 W	      |           - Yoda