QuickBooks freezes w/ WinVNC

Fri, 30 Oct 1998 12:50:36 +0000

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, John Wilkes wrote:

> There is no HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ORL\VNCHooks\Application_Prefs\QBW.EXE
> in my registry.  I see lots of other apps, including QW.EXE (Quicken), but
> no QuickBooks.  Being a long time unix user, I have been dragged kicking
> and screaming into the MS-Windows world, and I am clueless about this
> registry stuff.

Is QuickBooks a 16-bit or 32-bit program?  Also, note that the registry
entry for it won't be created until you close down QuickBooks while a
remote session is in progress, because of the way the hooks are used to
save the registry information.

Cheers,

James "Wez" Weatherall
--
Olivetti & Oracle Research Laboratory, Cambridge, UK - Tel : 343000
Laboratory for Communications Engineering, Cambridge - Tel : -