mac vs sgi

Kevin S. Davis ksdavis "at" mit.edu
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 15:08:58 +0000

well, i am using the winvnc server not Xvnc.  the server runs 32bit
color, but the sgi viewer seems to use 16bit color.  i typically use the
-bgr233 option.  the mac viewer seems to pick up 16bit color as well.  i
really dont think the performance loss is caused by this issue.

i also downloaded the sun binary.  it also ran much faster than the sgi
viewer.  i think i will try tinkering with the source code and your
patch.  i will let you know if i find anything out.

--
Kevin S. Davis
mailto:ksdavis "at" mit.edu