Problems with WinVNC Update Handling

Wed, 28 Oct 1998 11:07:44 +0000

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Strelow, Ulrich wrote:

>      After the tests I wanted to return to the default setting. But it
>      seems that the server is not doing the update handling as before.
>      I get the effect that only a small square under the cursor is
>      refreshed on the screen. Moving the cursor along updates the
>      screen square by square.

This has nothing to do with the settings.  This is happening because the
WinVNC hooks couldn't be installed into the system.  Try logging out and
back in again, or, failing that, restarting the machine.

Cheers,

James "Wez" Weatherall
--
Olivetti & Oracle Research Laboratory, Cambridge, UK - Tel : 343000
Laboratory for Communications Engineering, Cambridge - Tel : -