Problems with WinVNC Update Handling

Strelow, Ulrich Ulrich.Strelow "at" Schering.DE
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 10:59:44 +0000

     Hello,

     today I tried out the different Update Handling Options of the
     WinVNC32 server. I wanted to find out whether there is a better
     combination than the default "Poll Window Under Cursor + Poll
     Console Windows Only".

     After the tests I wanted to return to the default setting. But it
     seems that the server is not doing the update handling as before.
     I get the effect that only a small square under the cursor is
     refreshed on the screen. Moving the cursor along updates the
     screen square by square.

     The WinVNC32 server is running as a NT service. I can see that
     the properties are stored correctly in the Registry under
     HKEY_USERS -> .DEFAULT -> Software -> ORL -> WinVNC3 when I
     change the Properties and press the Apply-button. Even Stop/Start
     and Remove/Install the service does not work

     How can I get the default settings back ?

     Thanks in advance for answering.

     Ulrich Strelow
     e-Mail: Ulrich.Strelow "at" schering.de