vncserver script misbehaving

Georg Hager ghager "at" theorie3.physik.uni-erlangen.de
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 09:50:52 +0000

Hi all!

I hope this is not a FAQ, but I haven't found anything in the archives.

I'm using Debian Linux 1.3.1 (libc5). When starting the vncserver script
(newest version just downloaded from orl) then nothing happens apart from
perl obviously eating up more and more memory until it dies with an out of
memory error (I have 64MB plus 64MB swap). I'm not familiar with perl, but
it seems that it's the "eval 'require "sys/socket.ph"';' statement that
gives the trouble. Am I using a version of perl that is too old?

Any help would be appreciated.

Georg.