Problem with VNC

Quentin Stafford-Fraser quentin "at" orl.co.uk
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 00:10:04 +0000

Ari Pollak wrote:

> Nope. when I connect to the VNC server, it shows teh regular X desktop & X
> cursor, so I know that X is running, and there are no errors reported.. how
> would I go about starting it by hand without a script?

Something like

	DISPLAY=localhost:1 fvwm &

depending a bit on your shell, and use the windowmanager of your choice
in place of fvwm.  The other possibility, of course, is that your mouse
click is not getting through for some reason.  You could display a
window on the screen using something like

	DISPLAY=:1 xterm

and see if it has the normal window manager decorations.

Regards,
Quentin