problem with vncviewer & fvwm95/linux

John Wilkes john "at" wilkes.com
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 18:27:24 +0000

On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, James [Wez] Weatherall wrote:

> When I ran the Amiga Window Manager (amiwm), I noticed that vncviewer
> doesn't have an iconised name.  I suspect that this is what's causing the
> problem - fvwm95 may be using the iconised name to distinguish windows.

Good call; fvwm95 can be configured to use either the title bar name
(default) or the icon name on the task bar button.  Mine was set to the
icon name, as you suggest.  I changed it to use the title bar name,
restarted the window manager, fired up vncviewer, and the task bar behaves
now.

Is there a way to set an icon name for vncviewer?

Regards,
John

Logic Probe Inc.

inet: john "at" Logic-Probe.com            |     "Try not.
addr: 321 High School Rd NE #367      |      Do.
city: Bainbridge Island, Washington   |      Or do not.
code: 98110			      |      There is no try."
icbm: 47 37 42 N / 122 29 36 W	      |           - Yoda