problem with vncviewer & fvwm95/linux

John Wilkes john "at" wilkes.com
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 00:06:02 +0000

I recently stumbled onto VNC, and it is awesome!  Having a Win95 session
running in an X window is a dream come true.

My client machine is a Linux 2.0.33 system with Fvwm version 2.0.42a and I
have noticed that vncviewer confuses the Fvwm95 task bar.  It seems to
randomly "steal" the button of some other window.  One time VNC will be
attached to a button labeled "Netscape" and my real Netscape window will
not have a button.  Another time VNC might grab a button belonging to an
xterm window.  Sometimes, the task bar crashes when vcnviewer exits.

Has anyone else seen this?  Is it a Fvwm problem?

John Wilkes

Logic Probe Inc.

inet: john "at" Logic-Probe.com            |     "Try not.
addr: 321 High School Rd NE #367      |      Do.
city: Bainbridge Island, Washington   |      Or do not.
code: 98110			      |      There is no try."
icbm: 47 37 42 N / 122 29 36 W	      |           - Yoda