viewer query

James [Wez] Weatherall jnw "at"
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 18:33:53 +0000

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998, Luis B. Almeida wrote:

> Bob Barry wrote:
> >
> > My local machine has a boot manager, so it can boot either Win95 or
> > Linux.  The link to the remote machine is 10MHz ethernet.  When I
> > boot Linux and invoke vncviewer, display and response of the remote
> > machine are awesome.  When I boot Win95 and invoke vncviewer, the
> > graphics are just as good but response and paint run at snail pace.
> > Is the speed difference inherent in the viewers, or have I got
> > something set up wrong?

Is the display you're connecting to of a different depth to the viewer
display?  If it is then this may explain why things are slower.

James "Wez" Weatherall
Olivetti & Oracle Research Laboratory, Cambridge, UK - Tel : 343000
Laboratory for Communications Engineering, Cambridge - Tel : -

The VNC mailing list     -   see