Revelation

Duke Senter duke "at" co.kittitas.wa.us
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 23:34:19 +0000

I guess I'm missing how this applies to any security concerns for VNC.  =
I don't see where the password is cached in the form of asterisks to be =
viewed/hacked by revelation. =20

After you type it in the password box revelation will indeed find it, =
but only after someone who knows the password types it in, but before =
you hit 'ok' to start the session.  If I'm not mistaken, that leaves =
about a microsecond between me typing in the password and my hitting OK =
to start the session for vulnerability.

Am I missing something?

Duke Senter
Network Administrator