backgrounds

Colin Swan colin "at" nildram.net
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 17:21:50 +0000

> With all the talk about backgrounds, I learned early on using remote
> control programs over 14.4 dial up that we really don't need graphical
> backgrounds.  All the machines I control remotely run plain black
> backgrounds, and it makes a noticeable difference in speeds.  Actually any
> flat color works.

Yes, I used to have a plain black background on my home PC
28.8 connection, and VNC was useable. After visiting the
Teletubbies site (I have two small daughters), I now have delightful
Laa-Laa wallpaper, and VNC takes an age to load, or do anything
that requires redrawing the background :-)

Regards,

Colin Swan
Nildram Ltd