Mac Server

Colin Swan colin "at" nildram.net
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 16:23:48 +0000

> colin "at" nildram.net,Internet writes:
> >which of course doesn't exist. I tried manually changing it to the
> >correct IP address which brings up a page saying that I can't get to the
> >settings as I am not a local client.
>
> did you use the IP it got from the DHCP server? or did you try 127.0.0.1?

I actually used the IP from the DHCP server, I didn't actually think
to try localhost.

> 127.0.0.1 and the name localhost both loopback in the machine, and other
> processes can tell it is local.  I would assume that is how VNC server
> determines whether or not the browser is allowed to open the config page.

Not sure, but I used the Applescript that was given to me be
Charles at ORL, and it worked, I know not how :-) The problem is
that I'm no Mac expert so it's all a bit of a mystery...

> Tim Hauber

Regards,

Colin Swan
Nildram Ltd