Sharing the Win NT Console (ConnectPriority)

Thu, 22 Oct 1998 11:07:56 +0000

On Thu, 22 Oct 1998, Strelow, Ulrich wrote:

>      Hello,
>
>      we are currently using VNC in a Win NT environment. We want to
>      share the NT console between the people who are responsible for
>      the OS (WinNT) and the people who are responsible for the
>      application (SAP R/3, that's me).
>
>      So I read about the Registry Parameter ConnectPriority in the
>      docs. The values 0 (disconnect all existing connections) and 1
>      (don't disconnect any existing connections) work correctly, but
>      when I specify 2 (refuse the new connection), I get no error
>      message when I am the second vncviewer session.

Currently, this behaviour is the norm, yes.  There isn't currently a way
in the RFB protocol to send an error message to the client.  Because of
the stage at which the client is disconnected in this case, it's too late
to use the normal error-message system.

Cheers,

James "Wez" Weatherall
--
Olivetti & Oracle Research Laboratory, Cambridge, UK - Tel : 343000
Laboratory for Communications Engineering, Cambridge - Tel : -