VNC Developments?

Damon Hoggett damon.hoggett "at" carlh-tr.demon.co.uk
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 09:35:22 +0000

Please excuse my curiosity but I was wondering if you could let us know
what are the new features currently being developed (or planned) for
VNC, what the status (ie. priority/progress) is of these features, and
when we are likely to see a new version?

I am also interested to know what is your long term view of how VNC
should/could develop?

I feel sure I'm not the only one who would be interested to know.

I get the feeling from reading the mailing list that there are two areas
that VNC seems to be serving; those that want remote control of a PC (or
even a thin client type technology)(one to one or many to one), and
those that would find it useful in a training environment (one to one or
one to many). They are obviously not mutually exclusive, and I would
find both facilities useful. Will VNC be capable of serving both camps?

Many thanks

Damon

Damon Hoggett, IT Manager
Carlisle Hospitals NHS Trust
Cumberland Infirmary, Carlisle, Cumbria. CA2 7HY
tel.: 01228 523444
fax.: 01228 591889
e-mail: damon.hoggett "at" carlh-tr.demon.co.uk
x400: c=gb a=nhs p=nhs n and y hn o=nhs carlisle hospitals tr
ou1=computer services ou2=it manager s=hoggett g=damon