VNC Developments?

Damon Hoggett damon.hoggett "at"
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 09:35:22 +0000

Please excuse my curiosity but I was wondering if you could let us know
what are the new features currently being developed (or planned) for
VNC, what the status (ie. priority/progress) is of these features, and
when we are likely to see a new version?

I am also interested to know what is your long term view of how VNC
should/could develop?

I feel sure I'm not the only one who would be interested to know.

I get the feeling from reading the mailing list that there are two areas
that VNC seems to be serving; those that want remote control of a PC (or
even a thin client type technology)(one to one or many to one), and
those that would find it useful in a training environment (one to one or
one to many). They are obviously not mutually exclusive, and I would
find both facilities useful. Will VNC be capable of serving both camps?

Many thanks

Damon Hoggett, IT Manager
Carlisle Hospitals NHS Trust
Cumberland Infirmary, Carlisle, Cumbria. CA2 7HY
tel.: 01228 523444
fax.: 01228 591889
e-mail: damon.hoggett "at"
x400: c=gb a=nhs p=nhs n and y hn o=nhs carlisle hospitals tr
ou1=computer services ou2=it manager s=hoggett g=damon
Any opinions expressed do not necessarily
represent those of Carlisle Hospitals NHS Trust

The VNC mailing list     -   see