VNC viewer for Windows CE

Quentin Stafford-Fraser quentin "at" orl.co.uk
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 20:40:05 +0000

VNC viewer for Windows CE
-------------------------

ORL is pleased to announce the beta release of the VNC viewer for
Windows CE 2.x.
Binaries for SH3 and MIPS processors are available from the ORL web
site at www.orl.co.uk/vnc, along with the source code for building
under Visual Studio.

This is a fairly rough port of the Win32 version, and has many
limitations, most notably speed!
I have only been able to test the SH3 binary, and only on an HP620LX,
and would appreciate feedback particularly from those with other
platforms.

The documentation has also been updated.

Note to hackers:

I am unlikely to have time to work on this in the next month or two.
Anybody who wants to delve into the source code is welcome.   I have
replaced the C++ exception handling with Microsoft's SEH rather
crudely.  I hope that by the time I next revise this, the WinCE
compilers will support proper exceptions so it can be made tidy
again....

Regards,
Quentin Stafford-Fraser