X and -owncmap

Stuart Midgley stuart "at" physics.uwa.edu.au
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 10:39:41 +0000

I am new to VNC.

I am trying to use VNCServer on a mac and a VNCClient on a DUnix4.0d box.  It is
working OK, though the server is quite unstable.  I look forward to an improved
version.

Anyway, since I only have 256 colours on my Alpha box, I would like to use the
-owncmap.  When I specify it (vncviewer -owncmap) all I get is a black screen
with the little squareblock cursor (with white border).

Is this a common problem?  Is there a fix for it?

Thanks

Stu.

--
  Stuart Midgley                      |  stuart "at" physics.uwa.edu.au