Using VNC for a One-to-Many solution...

Michael Harlow Mike.Harlow "at" utas.edu.au
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 02:21:14 +0000

Just a couple of items I'd like added to any wish list for a
multicast VNC one-2-many system.

In an ideal environment, the instructor starts MultiCast-VNC,
selects a list of clients (either manually created or from a
network search) and all clients machines immediately start their
viewers in full screen, and lock out mouse and keyboard use
locally (so the students wont fiddle and will pay attention).

I have a lab of 30 Pent-II-266Mhz, with NT4, on a fully switched
10Mbit network. I would hope not to have to use a proxy. I could move
one of the PC's (Instructor) to a 100mbit port.

This would be a really neat feature for teaching use. I hope some
momentum builds for creating this functionality. It's beyond me, but
I volunteer to test it.

Thanks,
Mike.