Setting for Background

Greg Hewgill greg "at" hewgill.com
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 15:58:10 +0000

>There's also the fact that I don't _think_ there's any approved way of
>changing the background image on Windows - I think you'd have to just muck
>about with the registry.

Check out the SystemParametersInfo function. In particular, the
SPI_SETDESKWALLPAPER subfunction may do what you want. I use this in one of
my programs to temporarily set the background image, but you might be able
to pass NULL to temporarily remove the background image.

Note that this does not work if the "Active Desktop/View as Web Page" option
is set, though. In that case there might be some COM way of doing the same
thing, but I haven't found out how yet.

Greg Hewgill