Mac VNCViewer

Mike Babulic mike.babulic "at" gov.calgary.ab.ca
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 17:30:53 +0000

>I have recently downloaded the Vnc package and installed the server on a
>Sun Sparc 20 workstation running Solaris 2.4 and the viewer on my Mac G3.
>Everything work fine, exept for my italian keyboard key mapping.
>The problem is that I am not able to generate the characters in the
>alternate set (Alt key down), and considering that, among them, you can
>find the unix 'pipe' symbol and the square brackets, it is really awfull!
>The problem disappears if I write inside a Text Editor windows (TextEdit
>...) o a FileManager one.

Someone familiar with the code will have to answer this

Could the VNC client be looking directly at the keyboard instead of using
the event loop? (bad, bad program!)

--
Mike Babulic,         Management Systems Analyst
Engineering Computer Services,    City of Calgary