S3 problems?

Fri, 16 Oct 1998 16:04:54 +0000

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, Sven Eklund wrote:

> All the computers are of the same type and they have a S3 Virge GX2 graphics
> card (AGP I think). I suspect the graphics card is the problem, perhaps in
> combination with other hardware. Anyone else had similiar problems OR can
> someone confirm that VNC-server actually works with S3 GX2 cards and
> Windows?

It could be a problem with the S3 Virge drivers.  We've had a problem here
with a Linux box with an S3 Virge card trashing the on-card font cache if
you use the upper 2Mb of video RAM.  I wonder if the Windows drivers for
S3 Virge have any similar problems that are causing system corruption,
since the graphics subsystem is now in the NT kernel?

Just a thought,

James "Wez" Weatherall
Tel : Work - 343000