Crashing Win95 with mandatory profiles

Fri, 16 Oct 1998 15:29:28 +0000

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Albert Crosby wrote:

> Actually, it already does.  That's how you can connect when it's running
> as a service and no user is logged in.  But when a user is logged in, new
> sessions use the user's password if it's set.  I *think*, but could be
> wrong, that if there's no VNC section for a user, the local_machine
> password is used.  You might experiment.

This is how the new (next release) version of WinVNC will handle the
passwords - if the logged on user is allowed to override the password for
the machine, then the password will be read from their section of the
registry, in an effort to simplify administration across large numbers of
machines.

Cheers,

James "Wez" Weatherall
Tel : Work - 343000