Mac VNCViewer

Alessandro Cucchiarelli alex "at" inform.unian.it
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 14:16:15 +0000

I have recently downloaded the Vnc package and installed the server on a
Sun Sparc 20 workstation running Solaris 2.4 and the viewer on my Mac G3.
Everything work fine, exept for my italian keyboard key mapping.
The problem is that I am not able to generate the characters in the
alternate set (Alt key down), and considering that, among them, you can
find the unix 'pipe' symbol and the square brackets, it is really awfull!
The problem disappears if I write inside a Text Editor windows (TextEdit
...) o a FileManager one.

Could anybody give me some suggestion on how solve the problem?

Alessandro Cucchiarelli
Universita' degli Studi di Ancona
Istituto di Informatica - Facolta' di Ingegneria
Via B. Bianche - I-60131 ANCONA - ITALY
Tel. (+39) 071 2204471 - Fax.(+39) 071 2204474