Crashing Win95 with mandatory profiles

jmarijne jmarijne "at" sicos.asa.nl
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 12:17:32 +0000

Hi all,

We are having the following problems.
We use vnc to help our students, during the classes. So all (win95)pc's
have the server running from the startup-group. The teacher can connect
to each of the students, bij using the client-prog. The student pc's are
using mandatory profiles stored on a file-server. That means that they
can not update their own user.dat....
Because of that, eacht pc's crashes when you shut it down. Could the
program be changed so that it stores its passwd in system.dat e.g
hkey_local_machine ?
and an option for not allowing passwd changes would also be very
welcome.
I've heard that this option will be implemented in the next version.

Kind regards,
Joop Marijne