Multicasting

Thu, 15 Oct 1998 17:35:00 +0000

On Thu, 15 Oct 1998, Tipping, Karl - IT Support wrote:

> Is there or has there ever been a multicast version of WinVNC? If not, is
> there one on the way.
>
> What I am thinking of is using WinVNC in a laboratory type environment. 44
> Windows 95 PC's connected to one Windows 95 Lecturer/Teacher PC. The current
> WinVNC is too slow at updating/refreshing each individual PC.

If you have a Unix machine on the same network as the others, you could
pass the WinVNC output through an Xvnc - Xvnc handles multiple clients far
better than WinVNC, which currently is arranged in a really silly way with
regard to multiple connections.

Cheers,

James "Wez" Weatherall
Tel : Work - 343000