prompt for vncviewer on UNIX

Hugh Anderson anderson "at" manu.usp.ac.fj
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 07:21:21 +0000

Hi List people

What a terrific product VNC is! Thanks to you all...

I have one small question:

   When I run vncviewer on the Mac or Win95 PC, it puts up a little box
   that allows you to enter the Server and then the password.
   However the Unix one seems to do everything on the command line.

   Can the UNIX viewer put up little boxes for the server:1, and
   passwords? (Perhaps I am missing something)

Why do I want this?

   So that I can put up a menu item that runs vncviewer instead of
   always doing it from the command line. Perhaps a Tcl/Tk script?

Cheers Hugh